Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2006

IEs 4 Linux

IEs 4 Linux
Wow.

This is simply incredible. Internet Explorer 6.0 can run on Linux. I was a skeptic, so I had to try it. Now I am a true believer.

Of course, that still doesn't answer the question, Why? For me, however, it is to get more website compatibility and a higher version of Flash (Flash on Linux is limited to 7.0 r63, at least on Fedora FC5). Plus, it is amazingly cool---like, beyond the "kudos to Mr. Hacker" kind of cool...all the way to the "hey, I think I'll donate real money to this mad-scientist Linux guru-type who actually pulled this crazy stunt off" kind of cool. In fact, I just did. I'm that impressed.

Filed under: "Mission Impossible"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bman. I hope you are well. I know you are busy with school and wanted to say hi. Algo.

Byroniac said...

Hi Algo! I am well. Hope you are too! School is interesting, but Tuesdays are long days: 8AM-9PM. So Tuesday is my "Monday" and my "Hump Day" and my "Downhill Slide" all in one. All I have left are Thursdays for 2PM-5PM. Oof!